When it comes to decorating and furnishing a house, we have a few things that we just can't do without. A very good example of this is what we all usually have at home - the famous Rugs. Rugs are usually neglected nowadays, but no one can deny that they are a staple when we talk about home decors.
The quality of a rug depends on who made it and what materials were used to make it. The quality and design of rugs have evolved through the years.
After many generations, rugs today are no longer the simple decor that we know. Below is a list of the most common types of rugs that we see today.
- Tufted Rugs - Tufted rugs are the most common type of rugs that we see today. They are also the easiest to produce in volume. They are usually man-made rugs.
- Needle Felted Rugs - This type of rug is considered the most durable and it is also very costly. Needle felted rugs are also very new in the rug industry as they were only made available over the last 30 years.
- Knotted Rugs - It could be man-made or machine made. Knotted rugs are commonly sold in a variety of sizes and colours.
- Woven Rugs - Woven rugs are made using a loom - the oldest technique of creating rugs and other garments. Hand-loomed rugs are usually very expensive and have the most intricate designs.
- Hooked Rugs - As the name implies, Hooked rugs are made by creating loops of wool in a backing like cotton and linen. This is a durable type of rug and costs less compared to other rugs with intricate patterns.
There are more types of rugs available out there. Your choice will definitely depend on your purpose, your budget and, of course, your taste. No matter which one you choose, your home decor will surely be complete once your rug is in place.